At WSM Plastics we pride ourselves on making first class Injection Mould Tools to service the needs of our customers. As part of the Seko group we are now finding ourselves involved with Global projects as well as supporting the UK members of the Group, Designing, building new tooling and servicing their existing production tooling. This coupled with the existing business of our own In house mould shop, which also requires the design and manufacture of new tooling, whilst keeping their production tooling serviced to the same high standard to produce moulded components for our varied customer base. Being a growing and forward thinking company brings its own challenges, meeting the need for an abundance of Tooling and servicing requirements within an exciting and fluid environment.
High precision tooling is produced both in house in our comprehensive Tool Room and in the Far East where we are partnered with a reputable Toolmaker. This allows us to support the growth of the company by fulfilling large suites of tooling, meeting our customers and the group needs in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
The Successful candidate will have the skills needed to be able to work through the modification, repair & servicing of existing tooling whilst also having the skills and experience to produce new Tooling. Our tooling ranges in size from 250kg – 3000kg.
The skills required for this role are highlighted below:
- Preference would be that the candidate has indentured Toolmaking Apprenticeship papers.
- A good knowledge of Injection Mould tooling.
- Must be able to use common tool room machinery including, manual lathes, manual mills, surface grinders, cylindrical grinders, etc.
- Must be able to read technical drawings.
- To be able to interpret CAD data.
- Experience of using EDM & Wire Eroding machines.
- Experience of using CNC mills & lathes.
- Be comfortable with the use of an overhead gantry crane.
- Mould polishing (aesthetic & for demoulding).
- Work to given timescales.
- Must be able to work to very high standards of accuracy.
- Must be able to work as an individual & as a team player to achieve the best results for the business.
- Must have impeccable standards of housekeeping and Health & Safety.
We are looking for confident, keen & enthusiastic employees who want to be an integral part of a highly skilled team as the business looks to expand and increase our capabilities for the future.